Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I Am A Christian! Is That Enough Proof?

The first amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America as adopted in 1791 reads as follows:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Do You Carry a Religion Card?

Where does it say that God wants all of the Christians to come to the front of the line?

What if you have no faith? Does that mean that you have to show an empty space in your wallet where you keep your cards?

If there are no faith cards, how do I prove I am a Christian? I never memorized Bible verses.

Does that mean that those who just so happen to be Bible scholars but aren't real Christians will be at the front of the line?

Does just saying you are a Christian or a Jew or a Muslim or Buddhist or Hindu or Sikh or whatever other belief or non-belief make you that?

Where can humankind find the answers to the faith test?

It is times like this when I have no faith!


5 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Someday he will be impeached. I just read a blog that reminded me, in the day of Nixon and Agnew, they removed Agnew first, for corruption, and after that Nixon was "toast and jelly." The point is, it can be done. Resist.

Janie Junebug said...

I'm with Joanne.

Love,
Janie

Melody A. said...

I am in agreement with the comments above and we must remain vigilant. We cannot let this behavior become normalized. that is the really scary thing to me. and in 2 years everyone has got to get out and vote for their Senate and House seats because they are also a big part of the problem. I don't have a card either. My husband had dark hair and olive skin that would become very dark in the summer. there were a few times over the last three decades when he traveled that he was looked at more than others. that hair and skin color was because he was part Blackfoot Sioux. a Christian. No card either.

Linda said...

Thanks, Joanne, Janie, and Melody A. for your comments. I shared this post also on Instagram and my husband's Facebook. Not one comment on Facebook, and my niece let me know that my IG post was a waste of time. Maybe she thought I should try "tweeting" potus. Not on your life🙃Linda

Mrs. Micawber said...

I am hoping against hope that maybe it's "just" a case of throwing weight about, and that somehow things will settle down and become sane. Or that the gravitas of the office will somehow make an impact. If only....

How are you otherwise? Is it spring there yet?