Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Don't Stir the Pot too Deep

I am an awful cook! Really! Want to have a piece of my gummy banana bread I made yesterday? Oh, that is baking? Pretty bad at that, too, unfortunately.

My worst problem is that I scorch (aka burn) the goodness at the bottom of the pot or pan. Then without much thinking, I dig deep and stir the pot. You can see it, can you? All of that disgusting burnt food that could have been so good has now ruined my meal.

Moral of this story: It is a good thing to stir the pot, but be prepared that if you go too deep what you find won't be worth much and won't make your meal great.

2 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

How went the cataract surgery?

NanaDiana said...

LOL- You and my husband would make good cooking partners. The joke used to be that if dad was "cooking" (a rare occurrence) that when the smoke alarm went off dinner was ready. lol xo Diana