Saturday, October 24, 2015

The Good Part of Coming Back Home


Nismo and Flip welcomed me to our son's home after my mom's funeral yesterday. If the rain and wind of Patricia allow it, I will be traveling back to my Dutch hub at the Beltway Apartment tomorrow.

This wheelchair and I have tested the airlines the last two weeks! Hopefully on November 10 the wheelchair can be packed up and left in The Netherlands, and I can get back to walking life in Louisiana. 

This has been a vacation to write home about. 

Wonder which family members will be interested in my travel tales like my mom always was?

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Reading your last line, I realized Mom always listened me out, no matter the topic. I often heard her say "They just needed someone to listen to them."

Anonymous said...

We'l all listen out here in cyber land. A poor substitute I know but we'll try.

Linda said...

Thank you, Joanne and Delores,
Your comments are always appreciated. And they are always just the encouragement I need.
How lucky I am to have found such kind blog friends!
Wish me luck getting back to The Netherlands tonight. Still raining cats and dogs down here in Houston.
Hugs, Linda

Mrs. Micawber said...

Linda, I'm so very sorry to hear about your mom. Also about the wheelchair! I hope you had safe travel back to the Netherlands and that you will be back on your feet soon. Sending you a virtual hug.