Saturday, December 12, 2015

Ask for the Recipe

When I first began this Wetcreek Blog, I dutifully published all of the handwritten recipes my dear mother wrote in a cookbook she especially made for me in October 1990 (almost exactly 25 years before her death on October 20, 2015).

But she didn't reveal all of her Plain Cooking secrets. And now it is too late to get her recipe.

Maybe it was our own fault for not letting her know that we really thought her Christmas Date Nut Roll Candy was her best holiday treat. 

One thing is for sure, no one else's recipe will ever be as good as Momma's.

3 comments:

Melody A. said...

This is so true, we somehow don't ask for these recipes or information or whatever it is from these dear ones of ours. I am so sorry for your loss and moments like these is when it is very hard. My husband always made the dressing and the sweet potatoes, even though there was a written recipe to start with he made them his own over the years, I went ahead and made them this year for Thanksgiving and they were close and that was all right as I suppose now my stamp is on them somewhat but we talked about his and all he liked so that in itself was a blessing. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Joanne Noragon said...

Momma's are hard to lose.

Tania Pelletier said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, you are in my thoughts through this Christmas season.

Tania