Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Pecan, Panko, and Butter Casserole Crust Topping

Today I made a veggie casserole to take to a senior citizens Christmas luncheon. My hub was feeling "under the weather," so we skipped that event. For my lunch, I decided to taste what I had prepared. The casserole itself is nothing to write home about, but the crust topping is outstanding.

Here is my recipe for Pecan, Panko, and Butter Crust Topping;
(Simple, Simple, Very Simple) 

1/4 cup salted butter
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 -1/2 cup broken pecans

First, melt the butter in a skillet. 
Add the Panko and broken pecans. 
Stir well and allow to get hot for 1 minute. 
Then sprinkle the topping on your favorite veggie casserole, macaroni and cheese, tuna casserole, or steamed veggies. Bake casserole as usual, but make sure the pecans do not burn.

Give it a try.
(Next time I try this crust, I'll add Italian herbs/spices.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it sounds yummy!!! I hope your husband feels better soon!