Sunday, June 29, 2014

Shelfie #3--It is All in the Way You Look at It

Shelfie #3

This shelfie today says much about who I am. 

I am an amateur gardener. I use no pesticides and little fertilizer in my veggie beds. Sometimes the weeds take over and the plant supports fall over to the ground, but I still get this tomato harvest every other day!

I am a reader. Unfortunately ( or fortunately) my iPad has moved my eyes to something besides the paper pages. But I still read magazines and the occasional book.

I am a "piddler." I just "piddle" around with many different crafts (not anyway considered arts). Yesterday it was machine quilt piecing with strips. And today I am camera "piddling."

I am a thrifter. A 25 cent Lefton coffee creamer that would be worth $15 if it had its saucer! Books that were 25 cents each at the Catholic charity shop half-way between home and my mother's house.

I am a collector. A collector of big, Dutch plates. And big, brown wooden furniture. And just about anything that catches my fancy.

I am a terrible housekeeper, but an enthusiastic clothes washer. My late FIL said washing clothes was my hobby. I won't share what my Hub says about it, since he never can find the clothes he just took off. Psssss. They are in the washing machine!!

So there you have it!

A little bit of me in Shelfie #3.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the creamer find. I have a Tunstall creamer with upside down sun flowers I picked up for 10 cents at a garage sale.

Jumble Tree said...

What a harvest! Though so much more than tomatoes going on in the pic! A lovely reflection of you.
Like all the different photo effects and adore that blue on your kitchen cupboards :)

Beth said...

I can't wait for the tomatoes in my son in law's brother's garden get ripe as I have been promised some. The one from thje store are just not the same.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

LOL! I am such a plain Jane compared to you, Linda!!!!...:)JP

Donna Wilkes said...

Pass the fresh stick-to-your-teeth white bread and Duke's mayo and I will have all the tomatoes gone in no time at all. I get mine from a local farmer. Washing clothes as a hobby? Well, I love to clean bathrooms.