Tuesday, April 30, 2013

All Night Long with King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima

How Dutch can you get? At 4:30 a.m. today my hub came to bed with the following request: "wake me before 7:00 a.m. so I can watch the next stage of the coronation."

At around 6:20 a.m. Flip did the waking, so we were all up and in front of the television (connected to YouTube on the Internet) in time to see the new king and queen of The Netherlands complete their coronation in the Nieuwe Kerk (which isn't really a new church at all, since it is a 15th century church!) in Amsterdam.

Around 9:00 a.m. I left Hub in front of the TV, and heard that later around 11:00 a.m. the Internet connection was broken as Andre Rieu was leading his orchestra in audience swaying music on Rembrandtplein.

So then my Dutch hub went to bed. When I phoned him after 4:00 p.m. while buying flowering plants for our front veranda, he said he had just gotten out of bed.

So he spent the night and day (or day and night) with a king and queen.

Actually a coffee or tea date with them and their girls would be enough for me.

Aren't they a good looking family?

1 comment:

Mrs. Micawber said...

Very good looking - very Dutch looking too! :)