Thursday, April 25, 2013

Walmart--Shame On You! Rant!

Yes, we shop at Walmart. But after what I witnessed at our local Walmart yesterday, I am not so sure I want to go back.

Rumor has it that Walmart does not pay or treat their employees too well, but what I saw yesterday caused me to send a formal complaint to Walmart headquarters.

I should have taken a photo, since you had to see it to believe it. A very "fluffy" young girl was down on her hands and knees washing the baseboards of the meat cases with paper kitchen towels. My hub was concerned with the waste of the paper products, while I was infuriated at the sight of the young woman with her clothing in disarray crawling around on the grocery store floor at 2:00 pm on a Wednesday afternoon.

Torture! Disgrace!

No one should be expected to scrub down on the floor of a public place at any time! There are machines and mops and brushes for those kinds of cleaning jobs.

In fact, the only time anyone should get down on all fours to clean is in the privacy of their own home!

Shame on you, Walmart!

4 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

Wow - good for you for sending a complaint.

Linda said...

At 10:00 am this morning a representative from the local Walmart phoned me to explain that they had already taken care of the attire problem. I was almost speechless with anger that the point of my complaint had been misunderstood. I asked the representative to read aloud my complaint and then tried to explain that crawling around on hands and knees while scrubbing the baseboard in a public place was demeaning and "not done" in the United States ( or anywhere else) in the world. I received an earful of nonsense about Walmart had to make sure that their meat market was clean, since customers spill all kinds of food products. At that point I realized that my complaint was in vain, so I said I did not want to discuss this further and hung up the phone. Prompt response to my complaint, but they just did not "get" it. :(

Linda said...

Thanks for your support. Please read my update below.

DrivingDutchman said...

Please check out this link for some more crawling...pretty sure I would rather quit or take some punishment than do what the people in the photos did:

http://kotaku.com/chinese-employees-made-to-crawl-in-public-493335048?utm_source=feedly