Monday, April 8, 2013

In the Grip of the Griep(Flu)

Yesterday we walked to the Stoffenmarkt. We have never seen so much fabric (stof) in our lives. This market comes here twice a year, and we just happened to be here for the Spring event.

Since I have no sewing machine here and the Beltway still needs some work, I will not be sewing much here for a while. So we had a quick look at fabric, but did not buy any. Prices were not too bad, but we do not even know what we need in this apartment.

I did find a good deal on large spools of polyester thread and a special stand to feed it into my machines at home. So walking to the market was not a waste of time.

Then it happened. On the way back to the apartment, I could almost not put one foot in front of the other. By the time we entered the apartment, I was freezing. And I didn't get much better after putting on two sweaters, a warm housecoat, and fuzzy slippers.

This morning I slept until 9:30 am and then went back to bed around 10 and slept until 1:00 pm. My hub made me a pot of tea, and I found some melba toast on the kitchen counter. After calling off a coffee date with our dear neighbors, I will just sit here and trust that this is a 24 hour flu.

I still have things to see and do the next week before we travel back home.

No comments: