Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Morning in Wetcreek Kitchen

Simple fried eye, 7up/Greek yoghurt biscuits, and hot tea.

Can't breakfast have dessert? 7up/Greek yoghurt biscuit and honey.

Just in case you can't find this easy peasy biscuit recipe, here we go again.

7UP Biscuits


2 cups Bisquick

1/2 cup sour cream (I use my homemade Greek yoghurt)

1/2 cup 7UP

1/4 cup melted butter


Cut sour cream/ yoghurt into biscuit mix, add 7UP. Makes a very soft dough.

Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan. Place cut biscuits in pan and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown( around 12 minutes). 

Note: I have started just dropping ice cream scoop size dollops into the butter pan. They come out like this picture.



I used to make the 7UP biscuits a couple of times each week. One time I had no 7UP and used ginger ale. The biscuits were great!  Some people think these taste like Popeye's, but to me they are not as greasy or as heavy. In other words, they are a whole lot better!


Original recipe from www.plainchicken.blogspot.com



No comments: