Friday, September 12, 2014

No Eggs, No Sugar, No Butter/Oil, No Flour, No Salt Cookies

Sometimes you just want something to snack on. Like a cookie!
Today my blog friend Diana Nana Diana Blogspot published her Banana Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe, and this evening I tried it with what I had in house. I will call my version the 5 No's Cookies.

This is what my cookies look like:


Maybe I should add another No. 



No Beauties!


And here is the recipe:

5 No's Cookies

2 large ripe bananas ( mine were frozen)
1 1/3 cups old fashioned oatmeal (any kind should work)
1/2 cup raisins
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon real vanilla flavoring
1/3 cup coconut
A handful of pecan halves

Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Mash the ripe bananas.( I thawed mine 20 seconds at a time in the microwave until they were "mashable.")
Mix the mashed bananas with the rest of the ingredients.
Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. (I used my silicone mat on the metal cookie sheet.)
I baked the cookies first for 10 minutes, then decided to add 3 minutes. So total 13 minutes in the oven.
Let cookies cool before munching.
Recipe makes 20+ small cookie balls. Dough does not spread, but it may fall apart. Depends on how long you bake the cookies.

You can always add 1/3 cup chocolate chips for extra yumminess.

(And I do KNOW that the coconut is sweetened and there is salt and oil in the PB.)

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Sounds good. I don't do coconut but that sounds good, too. Glad you liked the recipe- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Lijkt me best wel een lekkere lekkerrnij. Het zijn tenminste wel ingredienten die ik wel lekker vind.
Een fijn weekend verder!

Lieve groet,
Gerry

Linda said...

I liked it and will enjoy the rest. My husband said "no thanks" after they sat overnight. He really wanted a Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie, which we do not have while we are "watching our weight." Hugs, Linda