Monday, January 30, 2012

Is it Spring Yet?


When I start organizing and throwing away clutter, it usually means that spring is just around the corner. Well, I cleaned out the messy vegetable beds last week, and today I attacked two rooms upstairs. One just needed a little dusting, but my crafts room was a big cluttered mess. Not that I have been so busy there, but my husband and I washed windows upstairs back in the fall and never really returned everything to its rightful place.

My old shop teacher ( yes, they called it shop back when and girls had to take the class, too) said there was a place for everything, so everything should be in its place. Good to remember, although I would prefer not to remember him. That is another subject for this blog. Maybe I will remember to write about it ( and maybe NOT)!

Anyway, I still have the box room to sort out. Another day!

We are having Babi Pangang tonight, but I am using the packaged marinade and sauce. I think Americans know this as sweet and sour pork. The rice is all ready and the pork is marinating. After our walk with our beagle this afternoon, I will stir fry the broccoli, mushrooms, and marinated pork. Then a quick sauce on top, and dinner will be served!

We are still baking bread with Memaw in Just Plain Cooking :

Country Company Rolls (Memaw's)

3/4 cup scalded milk
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup cold water
1 package yeast
1 egg
4 cups flour

Combine milk, shortening, sugar, and salt. Cool to lukewarm by adding cold water. Add yeast and mix well. Blend in egg and add gradually 4 cups flour. Mix well until blended. Place dough in greased bowl. Cover and let rise until double in bulk. Knead and shape into round balls. Place on baking sheet, let rise again until double in bulk. Bake in moderately hot 400 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Have you seen www.newstitchaday.com?