Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chicken Fried Chicken

Back in the day ( I love that expression), I watched a family member spend two hours frying a chicken. I won't reveal any name, but remember I said that I only fried chicken once on a cold 4th of July in The Netherlands. So that was not me ( or is it I?). Don't plan on doing that again any time soon. Too many fried chicken places within 30 miles from here for me to bother with that.

But for the brave of hearts, here is Just Plain Cooking and

Fried Chicken (Memaw's)

1 2 1/2 to 3 pound chicken (cut into pieces)
1 cup flour
2 cups shortening
Salt and pepper

Put flour and salt and pepper in a large paper or plastic bag. Drop chicken pieces into the bag and shake to coat evenly with flour.

Heat shortening in a deep frying pan until hot. Drop chicken pieces into the hot fat and fry until golden brown and chicken is cooked to the bone. Turn often to keep from burning. Drain on paper towel.

Serve hot.

(It gets smothered tomorrow.)

No comments: