Thursday, April 19, 2012

100 and 1100

I did it! I blogged 100 times since I began this Wetcreek thing in January. And by the end of the day I should have 1100 hits. Pioneer Woman probably gets that per hour, but I just have a semi- private blogspot. I am happy with all of my followers. I have opened up the comment section to also allow anonymous comments, so let me hear from you.

Remember yesterday I said I would do some gardening. Well, we did. I was outside for well over 6 hours, and my hub made me some standards for my two window boxes of geraniums. I am happy. Window boxes were my pride and joy when we lived in Europe. Now to see how they do here in the Deep South.

Now some Just Plain Cooking by Memaw:

Cajun Stuffed Round Steak ( Memaw)

2/3 cup cracker crumbs
1 small onion
1/4 bell pepper
2 tablespoons parsley
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon all spice
1 egg (beaten)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1/4 cup catsup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 pound ground beef
1 or 2 large round steaks (1 1/2 pounds each)

Combine ingredients except round steak to make stuffing. If using only one steak, shape leftovers into meatballs and place around the steak, or save to use in a meatloaf for another meal. Remove bone and trim fat from steaks. Pound until very thin. Sprinkle steak with salt and peppers and cover steak with stuffing. Roll from one end. Tie or place seam sides down in a large casserole dish. Repeat for other steak.

Make gravy:
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups of hot water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Combine ingredients and mix well. pour over top of steak.

Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 20-30 minutes until fork tender.
Serves 6.

(Isn't the name of this dish hilarious? I just visualize a Cajun stuffed in a round steak! I know, stupid humor in this "neck of the woods." )



No comments: