Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Yoghurt in a Blanket

No, I haven't been eating breakfast in bed. But I am experimenting making Greek yoghurt in my 40 year crockpot. Maybe you remember that last week I found an easy recipe for making Greek yoghurt. Well today I started the process. A shrouded crockpot 3/4 full of future yoghurt sits on the end of my kitchen counter. Actually it should be inside my oven with the oven light turned on. I read in the comments for the recipe that out on the kitchen counter will work, too. We will see. Check back tomorrow. If you are interested in the recipe, check out the following : http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/04/crockpot-greek-yogurt.html.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember something about my grandmother Chapman having an armadillo shell sewing kit ( or was it a purse?). Something about the tail being attached to the mouth to form a handle. Sorry, but this story gets worse--

As we endeavor to have an "in/out dog," we are tested by this little creature. He was a perfect man's best friend up until around 4:00 pm today. Then he went outside for whatever and came back with a complete armadillo armor. While I rescued the armor and got it ready for garbage pickup ( can't toss it into the woods, since we would have to start all over again with Inspector Beagle), Hub gave Flip his shower. My hub said our dog just sat down and enjoyed every moment of the shower. No shaking, pulling away, or cutting out for an escape. He was also calm and willing to be towel dried.

Do I see a pattern here?


No comments: